Dr. Sheetal Mohite, Mumbai
|Course completed||Institution||Year of Completion|
|Spine Foundation Fellow-ship||P. D. Hinduja National Hospital, Mumbai, India||2003|
|S.R.S. International Spine Fellow||Maimi, Florida, U.S.||2005|
|D.N.B. Ortho. (Diplomat of National Board, New Delhi)||National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, India||December,99|
|D’ortho. (Diploma in Orthopaedics)||Pravara Rural Medical College and Hospital, Loni, Dist: Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, India||January, 98|
|M.B.B.S. (Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery)||Bharati Vidyapeeth, Medical College and Hospital, Pune University, Maharashtra , India||October, 94|
Presently as CONSULTANT SPINE SURGEON, at Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre, Bandra Reclamation, Bandra (W), Mumbai.
Work Experience in Spine Surgery:
- Spine Foundation Fellowship – P. D. Hinduja Hospital, Mahim, Mumbai – 2003
- Spine Travelling Fellowship (Oswestry, Cardiff, London, U.K.) – 2004
- Visiting Spine fellow at Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore & Apollo Hospital, Chennai – 2005
- Scoliosis Research Society International follow – Maimi,Florida,USA-2005
- Worked as an Assistant Lecturer in department of Orthopaedics at Pravara Rural Medical College and Hospital, Loni, Dist: Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, India. I have given lecturers, conducted tutorials and case presentations with under graduates.
- Involved as an Instructor in postgraduate instructional course series at D. Hinduja Hospital – 2004 & 2005
- Involved as an Instructor in postrgraduate instructional course series at Lilavati Hospital and Research Center-2007
- Study of fixation of inter trochanteric with Dynamic Hipscrew and barrel plate (Richards).
- Presented paper at Maharashtra Orthopaedic Association (State chapter of Indian Orthopaedic Association) in Nov 2001 at Mahabaleshwar, “Co-existant symptomatology of facetal arthritis of spine and osteoarthritis of knees”
- Presented poster – “Long term results of operated patients of lumbar canal stenosis – review of over 300 cases” at 2002 Combined Orthopaedic meeting in October, 2002, Singapore.
- Presented paper on “single stage simultaneous cervical and lumbar decompression” at WIROC at Mumbai in December, 2002.
- Presented paper on Vascular Tumors of Spine “ABC of Spine” in ASSICON, Pune – 2004
- Presented paper on Analysis of cervical spine surgery in Rheumatoid Arthritic Spine- ASSICON- 2007
- Presented poster at ISSICON – Delhi 2007 – “Surgical treatment of spinal Deformities in Neurofibromatosis” – which won the “Best poster award”.
- Faculty member for CME on low back pain at Pravara Rural Medical college, Loni, Dist: Ahmednagar on 31 March 2007
- Attended Asia Pacific Orthopedic Association-operative course meet- at Coimbatore march 2007
- Attended and presented a paper – Analysis of cervical spine surgery in Rheumatoid Arthritic Spine- at Ahmedabad – ASSICON – 2007
- Attended basic and Training course in Destandu’s Endoscopic Lumbar Disectomy – February – 2006
- Attended IOACON – 2005
- Instructional course in spine – August 2005
- Scoliosis Research Society International Fellow – (Maimi, Florida, USA) 2005
- Spine Travelling Fellowship – (Oswestry, Cardiff, London, UK) – 2004
- AO Spine Workshop at Cochin’2003
- Instructional Course Series – 2 at Coimbatore in Dec’2002
- Instructional Course Series – 1 at Coimbatore
- WIROC (Western India Regional Orthopaedic Conference 2002) at Mumbai in Dec’2002
- 2002 Combined Orthopaedic meeting at Singapore in Oct’2002
- Modern Trends in Cervical Spine Surgery – Mumbai 14th July’2002
- Attended ASSICON at Calcutta in Dec’2001
- Maharashtra Orthopaedic Conference Nov’2001, Mahabaleshwar
Stood First in the D’ortho examinations held by Poona University, Maharashtra, India.
Clinical Experience in Orthopaedics in details:
|Associate Spine Surgeon||Sept 2006 onwards||June 2007||Lilavati Hospital and Research centre, Bandra,,Mumbai, India|
|Clinical Associate in Spine Surgery||2004 to 2006||2 Year||P.D.Hinduja National Hospital and Research Centre, Mahim,Mumbai, India|
|Spine Foundation Fellow||2002 to 2003||1 year||P.D.Hinduja National Hospital and Research Centre, Mahim, Mumbai, India|
|Clinical Assistant of Dr.S.Y. Bhojraj, Spinal Surgeon||Since Feb, 2001||1 Year||P.D.Hinduja National Hospital and Research Centre, Mahim, Mumbai, India|
|Clinical Assistant of Dr.Chinoy R. and Dr. A V. Bavdekar||Nov, 2000 to Jan, 2001||3 months||P.D.Hinduja National Hospital and Research Centre, Mahim, Mumbai, India|
|Locum Senior house officer, under Dr. Sabnis and Dr. Badani||Feb, 2000 to April, 2000||3 months||Harilal Bhagwati Municipal General Hospital, Borivali (w), Mumbai, India|
|Registrar Orthopaedics under Dr. R. Y. Prabhoo and Dr. Solanki||August, 1999 to January, 2000||6 months||V. N. Desai Municipal General Hospital, Santacruz(E), Mumbai, India|
|Assistant lecturer Dept. of Orthopaedics||Feb,98 to July, 99||One & half Year||Pravara Rural Medical College and Hospital, Loni, Dist:Ahmednagar, Maharashra , India|
|Senior house officer Orthopaedics under the guidance of Dr. R. C. Rallan and Dr. S. Agashe||Feb, 96 to Jan,98||2 years||Pravara Rural Medical College and Hospital, Loni, Dist:Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, India|
|Pre Registration House Officer (Intern)||Jan,95 to June,95||6 months||Nasik Civil Hospital, Nasik, Maharashtra, India|
|Pre Registration House Officer (Intern)||July, 95 to Dec, 95||6 months||Vadu Rural Hospital, Vadu, Pune, Maharashtra, India|
I have worked in department of Accidents & Emergencies, General Surgery, General Medicine and Obstretics and Gynaecology by rotation.
Details of Work:
- Spine Foundation Fellow – D. Hinduja National Hospital & Medical Research Centre – 2002
- Worked with Dr. S. Y. Bhojraj as a Clinical Assistant (Registrar) at D.Hinduja Hospital, Mahim, Mumbai since February, 2001. I got an opportunity to assist him in various Spinal Operations and also to assist him in the Clinic. Operations of Spine consist of decompressions, lumbar and cervical regions, instrumentation of spine-hartshill, steffe- for trauma, tumor, correction of spinal deformities-kyphosis, scoliosis, kyphoscoliosis.
- I also worked at P. D. Hinduja Hospital, Mahim, Mumbai in the Unit of Dr.R.K. Chinoy and Dr. A. V. Bavdekar from Nov, 2000 to Jan, 2001 as a Clinical Assistant (Registrar). I had an opportunity to assist Dr. Chinoy in surgeries-trauma-nailing, plating, DHS, Joint replacements – THR (ABG, Charnley), TKR (Kinemax Plus), Arthroscopy and Orthopaedic cases. I have also assisted him in the functioning of clinics. With Dr. A. V. Bavdekar, I was exposed to tumor surgery and limb salvage techniques- (modular prosthesis, inter locking nails, plating, cottes modular prosthesis), Joint replacements, THR (charnley), TKR (Pfc sigma), trauma surgery – which I assisted.
- I worked as a locum registrar in orthopaedics at Gandhi & Vora, Municipal General Hospital, Ghatkopar, Mumbai under the guidance of Dr.C.T.Shah and Dr. Atul Shah from June 2000 to July 2000. I was able to do independent surgeries, Nailing, Plating of long bone fractures, fixations of intra and juxtra articular fractures.
- I have also worked locum SHO at Harilal Bhagwati MunicipaI, General Hospital, Borivali, Mumbai under the guidance of Dr.Sabnis and Dr.Badani from Feb,2000 to April 2000. Here I performed independent surgeries – Nailing, Plating of long bone fractures, fixations of intra and juxtra articular fractures. I also got a chance to assist in spine surgery and arthroscopy.
- I have also worked as a Registrar in Orthopaedics at N. Desai Municipal General Hospital, Santacruz, Mumbai from Aug, 1999 to Jan, 2000 under Dr. R. Y. Prabhoo and Dr. Prabhu Solanki. I performed independent surgeries – Nailing, Plating of long bone fractures, fixations of intra and juxtra articular fractures, spine surgery. I also organized workshop at the Hospital on behalf of Bombay Orthopaedic Surgery.
- As an assistant Lecturer in Orthopaedics from Feb 1998 to July 1999 at Pravara Rural Medical College and Hospital, Loni, Dist – Nagar, Maharashtra, I got an opportunity to perform surgeries on trauma cases. I assisted in arthroscopy and spine surgery. During the tenure I conducted tutorials case presentations and academic discussion for under graduate and Post graduates students.
- During my tenure as SHO at Pravara Rural Medical College and Hospital, Loni, Dist – Nagar, Maharashtra, I performed supervised surgeries and assisted my Professors and Seniors.
Extra Curricular Activities:
- Member of Inter college Cricket team of my Medical School
- Member of intercollegiate football team of my Medical School
- Actively participated in college gatherings and organized social events.
- Dr. S. Y. Bhojraj – M.S. (Ortho), F.C.P.S. (Ortho.), D.Ortho
Spine Surgeon at Lilavati Hospital, Bandra, Mumbai, India.
- Dr. R. K. Chinoy – D.Ortho., M.S. (Ortho), F.R.C.S. (Ortho), MCh. (Ortho. L’pool), F.R.C.S. Ed. (Ortho.) Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at P.D. Hinduja National Hospital, Mahim, Mumbai, India.
- Dr. A. V. Bhavdekar – D. Orthoo, M.S. (Ortho), F.I.C.S.
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at P. D. Hinduja National Hospital, Mahim, Mumbai, India.
- Dr. R. C. Rallan – D. Ortho., M.S. (Ortho)
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Agra (282 00 2), India.