Dr. Kutbuddin Akbary, Udaipur
|Master of Surgery (Orthopaedics)||University of Delhi||UCMS & GTB Hospital, Delhi||2013|
|Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||University of Delhi||UCMS & GTB Hospital, Delhi||2008|
|All India Senior Secondary School Examination||CBSE||MMPS, Udaipur||2000|
|All India Secondary School Examination||CBSE||MMPS, Udaipur||1998|
- From August 2014 to August 2016, worked as a Nina Foundation Fellow in Spine Surgery under Dr. Shekhar Y. Bhojraj at Lilavati, Breach Candy, Wockhardt and VN Desai Municipal Hospitals in Mumbai.
- From June 2013 to December 2013, worked as a Senior Resident in the Dr. BSA Hospital, New Delhi (a 500-bedded multi-specialty hospital running a post-graduate DNB course in orthopedics).
- From May 03, 2008 to May 2, 2013 worked as Post-Graduate Resident Doctor in the Department of Orthopaedics at University College of Medical Sciences & Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, Dilshad Garden, Delhi.
- From January 1, 2007 to December 31, 2007, worked as Intern at University College of Medical Sciences and GTB Hospital, Delhi.
- Thesis dissertation entitled “Transplantation of Autologous Bone Marrow Aspirates in Acute Spinal Cord Injury Patients with Complete Paraplegia” submitted to University of Delhi in April 2012.
- Akbary K, Arora SS. Biological modalities for treatment of Acute Spinal Cord Injury: a pilot study and review of literature. Chinese Journal of Traumatology 2014;17(3):157-164
- Podium presentation entitled“Is lordosis mandatory for planning a posterior decompressive laminectomy in multisegmental cervical spondylotic myelopathy?” at the SpineWeek Singapore from May 16-20, 2016.
- Poster entitled“Clinico-radiological criteria for fusion in prolapsed intervertebral disc in lumbar spine: a single centre restrospective analysis” at the SpineWeek Singapore from May 16-20, 2016.
- Poster entitled “Heel Pad Avulsion Injury : Classification and Role of Topical Oxygen Therapy” presented at the 29thAnnual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Trauma Association, October 9 – 12, 2013, at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge, Phoenix, Arizona, USA.
- Poster entitled“Biological Modalities for Treatment of Acute SCI: A Pilot Study and Review of Literature” presented at the 34th SICOT Orthopaedic World Conference held in Hyderabad, India from October 17-19, 2013.
- Podium presentation entitled“Biological modalities in treatment of acute spinal cord injury : A pilot study” at the Golden Jubilee Conference of the Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association, The Ashok-Samrat Hotel Complex, October 3-6, 2012, New Delhi.
National And Regional:
- Won Gold Medal for podium presentation entitled “Heel Pad Avulsion Injury: Classification and Role of Topical Oxygen Therapy” at the IFASCON 2013 by the Indian Foot Ankle Society at Medanta Medicity, Gurgaon on 30th August, 2013.
- Presented the oral paper entitled “Biological Modalities in Treatment of Acute Spinal Cord Injury: A Pilot Study” at the IOACON 2012, Chennai.
- Co-author of the Poster entitled “Giant Cell Tumor of Calcaneum: A Case Report” at the Musculoskeletal Oncology Update organized by the Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, Delhi.
Conferences & Workshops Attended:
International And National:
- Attended the SpineWeek Singapore from 15th to 20th May 2016 as delegate.
- Attended the 29th ASSICON Goa from 27th to 29th November, 2015 as delegate.
- Attended the C1-C2 fixation techniques cadaveric workshop at the 29th ASSICON Goa 27th November, 2015 as delegate.
- Attended the 5th AIIMS Annual Spine Workshop on 24th to 25th October 2015 at New Delhi, as a delegate.
- Attended the Instructional Course in Spine 2015 on 14-16 August, 2015 at Vishakapatanam as a delegate.
- Attended the Cadaveric Workshop for Spine at the MGM Medical College, Navi Mumbai on the 27th of July, 2014 as a Delegate.
- Attended the MSR Spine Course with Cadaveric Hands-on Training from the 19-20 April, 2014 at the MS Ramaiah Advanced Learning Centre, Bangalore as a Delegate.
- Attended the 3rd Live Operative Workshop & Symposium on the Management of Complex Spinal Trauma organized by the Dept. of Neurosurgery, JPN Apex Trauma Centre (AIIMS), New Delhi from May 11-12, 2013 as a Delegate.
- Attended International Spine and Spinal Injuries Conference from 13-14 of October 2012 at Le Meridian, New Delhi as a Delegate.
- Attended the Workshop on Spine at the Golden Jubilee Conference of the Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association, The Ashok-Samrat Hotel Complex, October 3-6, 2012, New Delhi.
- Attended the 2nd AAOS Orthopaedic Trauma Conclave held on 16th September 2012 at Delhi.
- Attended the MIDCON (TRAUMACON) 2012 organized by the DOA on 22 July, 2012 at Delhi.
- Attended the CME on Pediatric Osteoarticular Infections organized by Dept. of Orthopaedics, Chacha Nehru Bal Chikitsalaya on 6th March, 2011.
- Attended the DOACON 2010 at VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital on 8th – 9th January, 2011.
- Attended the Total Knee Replacement Workshop at Department of Orthopaedics, MAMC on 8th Jan 2011.
- Attended the Workshop on the Principles and Practice of Orthopaedic Research and Publication at UCMS and GTB Hospital as a Delegate on 7th December 2010.
- Participated as delegate in the Training Workshop on Emergency Medicine & Disaster Preparedness from 5-7 February, 2007 at KEM Hospital, Mumbai.
Awards & Distinctions:
- Silver medal awarded for standing second in Paediatrics in the college in MBBS Part II Examination of the University of Delhi.
- Special interest in Complex & Congenital Deformity corrections and Cranio-Vetrebral Junction anomalies.
- Always enthusiastic in gaining new skills and knowledge.