Dr. Gautam Prasad, Patna
M. S. Orthopaedics – B.Y.L Nair Hospital & T. N Medical College, Mumbai. University of Mumbai. (2004- 2007)
MBBS – B.J. Medical College, Pune, University of Pune (1997 – 2001)
Spine Foundation Fellowship – Lilavati Hospital And Research Centre & Breach Candy Hospital, Mumbai (2008- 2010)
Clinical Attachment In Spine & Trauma – University Hospital Of Wales, Cardiff, Wales, UK (April 2010- June 2010)
Associate Spine Consultant, Spine Clinic, Lilavati Hospital And Research Centre, Mumbai, India. ( July 2010 onwards)
The Spine Clinic, located at Lilavati Hospital Hospital, Mumbai is involved in exclusive management of spine ailments. It is attached to public as well as private health delivery system in the city of Mumbai and conducts regular surgical and non- surgical camps in the neglected rural areas in the state of Maharashtra. The organisation has regular 2 year spine fellowship programme for 3 qualified Orthopaedic surgeons at a time. More than 6500 patients are treated annually and more than 300 patients are operated every year.
As an associate consultant, I have actively participated in all the activities of the Spine Clinic including decision making, training of fellows, surgical and non- surgical management of the patients. Also has good number of first- hand experience in variety of spine surgeries.
Spine Foundation Fellowship at Lilavati Hospital & Breach Candy Hospital, Mumbai, May 2008 – April 2010
Has worked as clinical spine fellow with Dr. Shekhar Bhojraj and has assisted more than 350 spine surgeries, including degenerative, deformity correction, infective, trauma, tumor surgeries.
Clinical Attachment In Spine & Trauma University Hospital Of Wales, Cardiff, Wales, UK (April 2010- June 2010)
This clinical attachment involved exposure to recent trends in spine practice in one of the tertiary spine centres in UK. This involved training in deformity correction in paediatric and adult scoliosis and various surgeries for degenerative spine pathologies.
Training in orthopaedics for 3yrs in Department Of Orthopaedic Surgery, B.Y.L Nair hospital and T.N. Medical college, Mumbai, India (2004- 2007)
A tertiary care 1229 bed hospital and a premier institute of India for resident training which includes training in accident and trauma; orthopaedic ward management and hands on exposure to surgical procedures in orthopaedic trauma, spine, joint reconstruction, paediatric orthopaedic and tumors.
Senior registrar in orthopaedic surgery, B.Y.L. Nair Hospital– 8 & ½ mths from 1st Feb 2007 till 15th Oct 2007
Registrar in orthopaedic surgery, B.Y.L. Nair Hospital – 1 & 1/2yrs from 1st Aug 2005 till 31st Jan 2007
House officer in orthopaedic surgery, B.Y.L. Nair Hospital– 1&1/2yrs from 1st Feb 2004 till 31 July 2005
Rotating internship, Surya Hospital, Pune for 1yr from 28th Feb 2002 till 3rd march 2003 Training in general medicine; general surgery; preventive and social medicine; obstetrics and gynaecology.
As Associate Spine Consultant; I am involved in training and education of the Spine Fellows and DNB Orthopaedic trainee attached to Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai.
Successfully conducted 2 editions of Basic Spine Workshop, which is an initiative of Spine Foundation and Spine Clinic. This workshop involves training of orthopaedic and neurosurgery residents and young surgeons; and has been attended by over 250 surgeons.
As registrar and senior registrar in orthopaedic surgery in Department Of Orthopaedic Surgery, B.Y.L Nair hospital and T.N. Medical college, Mumbai, India , I have been conducting tutorials for junior residents and clinics for under graduates.
Presentations and Publications:
- Paper Presentation – Can We Define Healing In Tuberculous Spondylodiscitis? Analysis of 57 healed cases,at WIROC 2009, Mumbai.
- Author – Post Surgical Epidural Hematoma- A Rare Complication…..
- Co- Author – Management of Thoracic and Thoracolumbar Tuberculosis, ASSI’s Textbook Of Spine Infections And Trauma, Jan 2011 pg…
Special Courses Attended
- Training in Microscopic Spine Surgery, Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore, Mar 2010
- Clinical Spine Fellowship (short course) , Apollo Hospital, Chennai, Mar 2010
- Hands-On workshop in spine surgery, WIROC dec 2010
- Cadaveric Hands-On workshop- Cervical Spine, Mumbai, March 2009
- Hands-On workshop in spine surgery, WIROC dec 2009
- Hands-On workshop in spine surgery, WIROC dec 2008
- Hands-On workshop in spine surgery, IAOCON- Mumbai, dec 2005
- ASSICON –Association of Spine Surgeons of India Conference, Mumbai, Jan 2011
- Instructional Course in Spine – ASSICON- Mysore, August 2010
- WIROC Western India Regional Orthopaedic Conference, Dec 2010
- WIROC Western India Regional Orthopaedic Conference, Dec 2009
- AO Spine Principal Course, Mumbai, July- 2009
- Instructional Course in Spine – ASSICON- Khajuraho, August 2009
- Operative Spine Course at Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore, May 2009
- ASSICON – Association of Spine Surgeons of India Conference, Chennai, Jan 2009
- WIROC Western India Regional Orthopaedic Conference, Dec 2008
- AO Trauma Introductory Course, Delhi, April 2008
- AO Spine Spring Seminar, Patna, Mar 2008
- IOACON- Indian orthopaedic association conference, Mumbai, Dec 2005
- Spine – Degenerative & Deformity Correction
Dr. Shekhar Bhojraj
Senior Spine Surgeon,
Lilavati Hospital & Breach Candy Hospital, Mumbai
Tel – +91-22-26406497
E-mail : [email protected]
Dr. Abhay Nene
P.D. Hinduja Hospital, Mumbai
Tel – +91-9821471736
E-mail : [email protected]