Basic Spine Workshop
To enhance horizontal spread of awareness of spine surgery amongst the budding orthopaedic surgeons, the foundation has taken up the noble assignment of conducting BASIC SPINE WORKSHOPS. The foundation has successfully conducted two such workshops at Nashik, Kolhapur and Kalwa.
“It is better to perform simple and basic things efficiently rather than struggle to do advance and complex things poorly.”
The objectives of workshop
- To “Ignite” young minds, to take up the branch of Spine surgery, with a specific goal and purpose in mind.
- To increase the knowledge of basic spine pathologies and procedures, amongst general Orthopaedic and Neuro spine surgeons.
- Help young Orthopaedic and Neuro Spine surgeons to compress their learning curve.
- To ensure quality spine care to the needy – both urban and rural poor.
Highlights of basic workshop
- Hands-on-cadaver experience – to learn techniques of basic spine surgeries
- Lectures on degenerative pathologies of Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar Spine – diagnosis, evaluation and their non operative and operative management
- Infection in spine – Diagnosis, evaluation and management options in tuberculosis of spine, pyogenic infection
- Fracture spine – Evaluation, management and rehabilitation of traumatic fracture, osteoporotic fracture
- Tips and tricks in spine surgeries
- Videos on surgical approaches and common spine surgeries
- Interactive sessions with delegates
Requirements for workshop
- Lecture hall or auditorium to accommodate 60 to 80 delegates
- 8 to 10 cadavers
- Travel expenses and accommodation arrangement for all faculty members (4 faculty)
- Donation towards “Spine Foundation“ – minimum Rs. 25,000/- (this donation is tax exempted under 80G)
- To book the event please contact Dr. Gautam Prasad on +91 9920473353 or Email : [email protected]
- Event duration full day Saturday and half day Sunday